Nice change. Our first trip was very good. Prices were good for what was ordered. Will go back again
Our Favorite Restaurant.
This is the place I bring my friends and family to eat if I have the choice. My wife and I have eaten here 3 or 4 times a month for the last 3 years or more. This is a fish restaurant that does not depend on cholesterol and trans-fat for flavor; instead using solid original recipes and blends of spices.
My favorites are the Cajun Shrimp Pasta, and Tossed Cobb Shrimp Salad. My wifes are the Cedar Plank Salmon, and the Pecan-Crusted Trout. We have tried many other entrees, and there are even a few non-fish entrees (e.g., PotRoast) which are excellent.
Not a fan of appetizers as a general principal, but a cup or bowl of the Louisiana Gumbo or the Roasted Jalapeno Cream Soup are to die for.
There are sandwiches and po boys and even a cheeseburger if you must.
The head chefs will come by to make sure everything is the way you want it; and if a waitperson was ever having a bad day, I never knew it. They have always been friendly and helpful without exception.
Try it. I'm glad someone recommended it to me, you will be too.
Who doesn't love the darling of Texas seafood chains? The food is so popular, they offer takeout by the quart..
Pictures of fish highlight the cabin motif, but sleek metal barstools and touches of neon temper the feel. Daily chalkboard specials cater to both surfers and turfers. shrimp martinis dangle shrimp cocktail in salsa, and pecan trout sizzles under honey lemon butter. Melted gouda spinach dip whets the appetite. Pot roast, skinny onion rings, and Key lime pie satisfy it.
1) They were out of the sourdough bread normally provided to each table. Not a big deal, but annoying.
2) Orders were delivered at different times, separated by more than 10 minutes.
3) Drink refills/condiments had to be asked for rather than offered.
4) VERY small portions in comparison to prices. Especially the Clam Chowder, which was bland and had only ONE clam in the entire bowl!
5) The Apple Cider Cole Slaw, must be an acquired taste. I found it inedible, especially since it was served warm.
6) The Fried Shrimp Basket, contained the smallest shrimp I've ever seen and few of them. The waffle fries served with the shrimp were soggy, tasteless and took up the majority of what's called a "SHRIMP" basket.
I know this review sounds harsh and Im hesitant to write a poor review, but it was deserved in this case.